Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Taking a stroll down memory lane

I am sitting here in my living room, surrounded by my family, waiting to go to bed.  Yes, I would like to sleep in the new year.  I guess that makes me old.  I use want to celebrate the new year.  I wanted to be with friends, then I wanted to be with my husband.  I wanted to dance the new year in, then as midnight approached exchange our hopes for the next year, and then ring in the year with a kiss.  Yes I am a hopeless romantic!

I sit here tonight and I reflect back on this past year.  Hindsight is always 20/20, but if you do not know where you have been how will you know where you are going?  I am happy with this year, it could have been worse.  I made it through the year without any serious medical issues, as did my children and husband.  My extended family did not really have serious medical issues. 

My job is still very productive, I am still happy working at the church.  I still feel as if I am doing good work there.  My kids are enjoying themselves, I feel as if things are really clicking. 

I am watching commercials on TV that are going through the memorable moments of 2013.  What a year we have had.  I would like to thank everyone for a great year!  I mean, who knew that as long as I own a computer I could get a printer that would print me food!  I never knew I couldn't live without a 3d printer!

I never knew my life was incomplete until I tried a pretzel bun.  Thank you fast food for letting me know I could combine my snacks with my junk meals!  I also didn't realize I needed alcoholic coffee until this year.  Continuing with the food theme I am so glad cronuts have made their way into my life.  I now do not have to choose between croissants or doughnuts.  I get to have both!

There are some fashion trends that I think can stay in 2013, as I do not wish to see them in 2014.  Leather jogging pants are not flattering and really serve no purpose.  Also wedged tennis shoes and overly ripped jeans. 

I do not think that selfies will go away, since the word is going to be added to the dictionary.  I also have no use for all the reality shows on TV now, but I am sure that Duck Dynasty or My Strange Addiction will not be going off air anytime soon.

Each year there are those what were we thinking moments and those trends that we want to continue on into the next year.  I want happiness to be a trend in 2014 for everyone.  I want joy.  I want family time to be a trend for everyone.  I know that I am wishing for a lot, those are not items that make it on a trend list.  Those do not become the new innovation to make our lives better.

If people were to actually prioritize happiness, joy, and family moments they would realize that they have the power to make our lives better.  If we cannot rely on our family, who can we rely on?  In 2014 I hope that people can slow down. 

The bible tells us that there is a time for everything and to be still.  I hope that more people can do that in 2014.  I have to work on it, I always feel as if I have to be on the go, but I am getting better.  We always end our days with family dinners.

From my family to yours, here is wishing you joy in 2014.  I also hope that you can latch on to some silly trend so that one day you can look back and wonder "What was I thinking?" 

God Bless you all!

Dueces
~Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.